Alcohol infused I am,
and now I wonder how could I ever write
a sucky poem from my dirty mind?
A cup of coffee beside me
makes me awake and tries to ease
the pain, I wish the time would freeze.
Now I know how Edgar Allan Poe
strive to create something best
out of the alcohol in-takes.
From Annabel Lee to my sorry poems
I wonder who could ever understand?
Goodnight my dear
and now I am free.
Short as it may seem,
straight as what I dream…
as I sleep tonight, and for the rest of my life to come…
YOU will never be replaced by anyone else.
YOU… the only thing that make sense.
the time is running so fast, I cannot stop.
The wind I can hear around me
as the fan continues to give me air- I cannot breathe.
The silence that surrounds me,
reminds me of you dearly.
My ever favorite melody,
when can you be mine?
when can I be yours?
when can I be your favorite tune…
when all you can hear is the other?
My mind until this very moment,
at 2:56 in the morning I am still awake,
but I cannot comprehend
why do we have to wait?
If we’re not meant to be,
why do we have to suffer?
I know, and I believe
that you just have to open your heart…
and you’d see how you and I are perfectly made for each other.
Soulmates, if there such thing that exist…
I consider us, I hope it’s true.
Neither do we need to be lovers,
nor have romantic bond…
JUST YOU AND ME,
and the rest of the world is OURS.
• Swatch, the Swiss watch company, will design and manufacture a special UST Quadricentennial watch;
• Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas will issue special commemorative bills and coins, while the post office will issue special commemorative stamps;
• Declaration of the eight decade-old Main Building as a national heritage landmark on Jan. 25, 2010, followed by the mounting of a marker on January 28 at the España gate;
•The holding of an exhibit on the legacy of UST at the Unesco central headquarters in Paris;
• The “world’s longest living rosary” to be participated in by the entire Thomasian community on Feb. 11, 2010, good for an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records;
• Three-day Thomasian Global Trade Expo led by Thomasian tycoons such as Jollibee Foods Corp. president Tony Caktiong, and Mercury Drug president Vivian Que-Ascona in July 2010;
• An exhibition of the University’s collection of rare books and significant historical documents, including academic records of national heroes Jose Rizal and Apolinario Mabini, during the “Lumina Pandit” international exhibit at the Miguel de Benavides Central Library, June 17, 2010 to Jan. 30, 2011;
• Inauguration of the UST alumni center, to be housed in the renovated old UST Gym, an Art Deco structure and the country’s first school gym, on Dec. 19, 2010. The center will also serve as a hotel for visiting alumni. The UST swimming pool, the country’s first Olympic-size swimming pool, will also be renovated with its tiles changed so as to form the UST seal that could be seen from the air.
• A parade from Rizal Park to UST on Jan. 27, 2011, followed by the unveiling of the “Tetra Global” monument, designed and executed by internationally renowned Thomasian sculptor Ramon Orlina and modelled by Thomasian hearthrob Piolo Pascual and beauty queen Charlene Gonzales, at the quadricentennial park in the evening;
• Wreath-lying rites honoring UST founder Benavides on Feb. 11, 2011 in Intramuros, where the original UST campus was located;
• UST’s hosting of the conference of the International Council of Universities of St. Thomas Aquinas;
• The launching of the UST coffee-table book as the 400th title of the “400 Books at 400” project;
• World premiere of the grand opera on the life of Benavides;
• Rosarium procession in honor of Our Lady of La Naval in September 2011;
• Inauguration of the state-of-the art UST sports complex in December 2011.
One word: WHOA!
BONGGANG BONGGA! :P